Rickyard Cottage at Morrells Wood Farm
Formerly a barn used to rear calves, this self catered holiday cottage in Shropshire (‘Rickyard Cottage’) adjoins ‘The Byre’. Retaining many of its original features, it was sensitively converted in 2003, and is now a 160 year old listed building
Along with fabulous beams and exposed brickwork, other architectural features within ‘Rickyard Cottage’ include a vintage hay rack, a quirky hay door and a bespoke suspended light fitting, found in the living area, and constructed from converted original oil lamps.
The tasteful open plan living area, complete with fully equipped kitchen has unrivalled views towards The Wrekin, whilst the quaint double bedroom and spacious shower room overlook Morrells Wood central courtyard, once described as a ‘chocolate-box’ farm!
With an outdoor seating area to the front of this pretty converted barn, relax, unwind and take in our glorious Shropshire views!
- Comfortably sleeps two
- Single level property, with two low level external steps
- Overlooks central courtyard
- Private patio area with outside seating to the front of the cottage
- Double glazing throughout
- Wall mounted electric convector heaters, giving instant heat throughout
- Electric stove in lounge area
- Electric oven and hob, plus microwave, and fridge with freezer compartment
- Free WiFi
- Bed linen, towels and washing-up facilities provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer facilities are available for use in an adjoining building
- Off road parking for one car, plus bike storage if required
- A cot and highchair are available, on a first come, first served basis. Please request at time of booking.
- Well behaved dog(s) are allowed to stay in this property by prior arrangement
Book Rickard Cottage
“Will definitely recommend!”
This was our first visit to Shropshire. The cottage is idyllic and the scenery is beautiful – we’ll be sure to recommend Morrells Wood holiday cottages to our friends and family!
Steve and Angie, July 2020